A few shots from my shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanofid

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have my shop inside my house, which means I can work there year 'round. Since it's in a small spare bedroom, space is limited, so all my machines are pretty small.

This first shot is the best I could do at a pano photo of the west and north walls, which is where all my machine stuff is located. There are a few jagged lines from trying to stitch three shots together.

pano.jpg

Taig mill. The rotary table and screwless vise are shop made.
mill.jpg

Taig lathe.
lathe.jpg

The kind of awful HF drill press. It does drill holes, after a fashion...
drillpress.jpg

My very old original Webster Whitcomb watchmakers lathe. It was in pretty poor shape when
I got it, but was to good a deal to pass up ($30, if I remember correctly). Even after
vigorous cleaning, it still shows rust stains from its' prior neglect, but the ways and
spindle were in very good shape, despite it's looks.
I use it mainly for making clock pivots and tiny spade drills.
WW.jpg

A Craftsman 109, which has been a work in progress for a few months, but is starting
to show that it is capable, as long as you're not in a rush. The only lathe that I have
that will cut threads.
109.jpg

On the east wall a small reloading bench, but also a good place to line up a few of my engines.
reload.jpg

That's it. I make quite a bit of stuff on a small scale. Keeping the clutter down and the swarf
cleaned up is probably one of the biggest jobs!

Dean

very nice workshop you have there Dean ,,,,looks a great place to build engines
Regards Rob

Nice set-up!

Looks very comfortable and well equipped.

-Kevin.

Dean, very nice little shop Thm:

And also, good looking quality shop-made tools :bow:

Regards, Arnold

Dean,

A very nice workshop.
fing10.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Foozer, how long have you been married, (and how long do ya wanna be?). You might be best off to just stick with the barn. It's better than the dog house...
;)

Dean

Latest posts

Back