A Different Kind of Blunder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
I was in my office Thursday afternoon when the paging P.A. came to life.

It had been accidentally turned on in a supervisor's office while he was explaining his
plan for the next day in terms that any sailor, Marine or truck driver would understand. :D

Note to Self:
STOP talking out loud to the machine you are working with or on.

I'm pretty sure I'd get fired if any of those conversations went out on the P.A. system!
*bang*

Rick

DaveH said:
So .... was it of a nautical nature or what?
Dave

Nnnnnaw... I don't think so. I get the feeling it was more of "my way or the highway ramming speed and darn the torpedoes" kind of rant topped off with the "I don't care what you need to do to make it happen" thrown in for good measure. Always a way of getting the best out of someone, just swear at them in a raised voice. YOU'RE DARNED RIGHT IT WORKS!!!! IT BETTER.... OR ELSE!!!!!! yessiree, a hit at every staff meeting.

BC1
Jim

It's amazing how many "managers" think that yelling loudly is managing.

Mainer said:
It's amazing how many "managers" think that yelling loudly is managing.

The old stereotype says that we Brits use the same technique when dealing with language barriers..... :big:

Like the sign that says, "The beatings will continue until morale improves." ;D

I used to have a boss that would tell us, "If you can't get your work done in 24 hours a day, start working nights." ???

I used to have a boss that would scream and holler all the time. When he'd start in, I'd walk away. Naturally, he holler even louder with "Where the hell are you going?!?!?" I'd reply with "To the safety cabinet, to get some ear plugs." He usually quieted down pretty quickly.

bit like this? is like some "managers" are, lots of yelling and no real backbone :p
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJ8ILIE780[/ame]

Latest posts

Back