A covey of carburetors---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
The carburetors I show here are just about perfect for the 1" bore engines that I build. A-little story--It pays to shop around. I needed three carbs to replace ones I have stolen of old engines I have built to use on newer engines I have built. I checked on Amazon, and the price is $79 Canadian each. I checked with my local hobby shop and they said it was almost impossible to buy them now, but they could order two for $60 each. I then spoke with "Great Hobbies" and they said that these carbs were very hard to get now, but they could get me two for $49 each. I went back to my hobby shop here in Barrie and told them, and they dropped their price to $48 Canadian, each. It sure do help to shop around!!!
p4AopG.jpg

I find it interesting that you are using this carburetor on 1" bore engines. I have been trying to get my Atkinson Differential to run and the only way I have been able to get it to run is with a simple straight carburetor and it will not run at all when the bore is bigger than 7/64 and this carburetor has a 6 mm bore which is 15/64. I have tried several other carburetors including one of your designs without success. At this point my problem is too much fuel. The engine fires way too hard because it is actually burning off the excess fuel. One of the big problems with this Atkinson is that it is very low compression which makes a very fussy carburetor.

Latest posts

Back