A boo boo I will never make again

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steam5

Reaction score
On Sunday I was at the Son in law farm I was walking in a paddoc were there was a cow with a day old calf I was looking away from the cow when I herd a Moo I turned just as the cow head butted me to the ground, what saved me was her calf run off & the cow went after it. Now I have a face like a balloon & the blackest black eye I have ever had.
steam5

What brand of cow was it? Some breeds are worse than others. At least it did not stomp you. Lesson learnt.
Brock

I know it was red in colour I must ask the Son in law.But you are right I was lucky.

Mother cows with new calves are something not to take your eye off, not even for a second! Even the quietest of 'em can turn nasty!

Hi Tel I am afraid I found out the hard way,Off to the doctor this morning.

Best of luck with it mate! And be careful in future - we can't afford to lose a man of your talents.

Didja hear about the *****man that got hurt drinking milk?
The cow fell on 'im. Begorrah!

I could only raise a smile at the joke cause it hurts. Doctor says on broken bones I am just going to look great for a while.

Hanging out in the workshop always makes me feel better. Dam insecure cow will make a nice burger one day.
Hope you feel better soon.

Brock

Hi Steam,

Glad you are ok.

A warning to all here. Watch out for any animal with young...particularly pigs! They can bite through your leg!

Andy (who lives in a rural area)

I have a policy that anything bigger than a Pekinese is viewed as potentially life threatening. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

there are no unloaded shotguns
tame bulls
empty gas/ petrol tanks
or
friendly animals with young nearby.
all are dangerous.
Tin

Even small birds can be outrageously brave when it comes to their young.
I've seen sparrows attack my cat.
We have Indian house crows around here they attack from behind - in a controled collision attack they dig their claws into your scalp along with a pile driver peck - they won't do it if you face them but that just pi...s them off and they attack as soon as your back is turned.
Hell if your going to pick on someone bigger than yourself, why fight fair.

Ken

dalem9 said:
Do you all know that my pomeranian can kill a rottweiler? Let's see if any one knows how .I will give the answer a bit later.Dale
The rottweiler chocked on it!

Just be very grateful it was not a Jersey Bull they are known killers

hope the vet Oops Doc sorts you out PDQ

A couple of years ago I came around the corner of my shed and saw a newborn fawn lying in the hostas. I thought it was dead so I knelt down to examine it. when I did it "Honked", got up teetered a few feet and collapsed back into the hostas.

I thought, "Crap, I have an orphaned fawn on my hands." I picked the fawn up and headed to the house to call the DNR. About half way to my house this Doe comes out of nowhere not looking too happy. I put the fawn down between me and her, and backed my way to the house. She didn't take her eye off me until I was long gone. I'm glad I sensed she was there and turned around before I got my hind end kicked by a deer. :)

Then I watched the two mangy deer eat the green beans out of my garden every dusk :mad:

Here in Oz we have magpies which in breeding season tend to get very territoral and tend to attack from behind. As children we would put a mask or container with eyes painted on our heads facing backwards and never got attacked as the birds thought we were watching. Still see it today but now the kids use plastic icecream containers ......still works though
Pete

We feed our Magpies so they don't attack us, thankfully. In fact as soon as their young are confident enough they bring them down for an easy feed as well. Buuuuuut we do also get Plovers nest in our yard and it is really hard to know which is the female because they both seem to have the most severe cases of PMS that a bird can have. Combine this with the ear shredding spurs they have on their wings, the fact that they to like to do that fast rear nija style attack and a screech that can sent any domestic pet into a panic attack. There you have one nasty bird.

zzz 1.jpg

zzz 2.jpg

Back