a bit off side

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopeless

Reaction score
Well after making the dividing head I was packing away some tools and thought 'gee I would love a machinist tool box' As I don't do dovetail joints I thought it beyond my abilities but then figured don't try dont know. Drew up a basic plan and am now underway. photos to follow
Pete

Sweet!!!!

Looking forward to the pictures Pete!!
Just remember to throw a cover on the lathes and mills before starting to work
with the brown stuff! ;D

Andrew

OK all done except for the drawer pulls but I will turn them up shortly. Stained the box and it came out pretty good as I didn't want a finish to say its new and it happened better than I planned. I forgot the pic with the top up but you can see that ;)
Andrew I work the brown stuff in another area because its messy and I'm not that keen on it, mainly because if its cut short I can't just weld a piece on ;D

Pete

carcase.JPG

carcase2.JPG

large drawer.JPG

and the last pics ;D
I did think of leaving the screws in as handles but wife said to behave :big:
Pete

small drawer.JPG

all drawers.JPG

finished.JPG

nope just basic woodwork Herbiev. Dovetails are a arcane art to me and besides its only pinus crapiata :big:
Main thing is I now have a place to put more ....oops my mics and stuff.and with luck have room to require another tool or 2 ;D
Pete

Latest posts

Back