A 3 Board Photo Comparison

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsquire

Reaction score
Hi All

First, This is not about the contents of the photo but about the size.

Second, This post was composed with MS Word Pad in Times New Roman 12pt.

Third, I used Firefox as my browser while making the screen capture and also making this post. It will be interesting to look at all 3 posts in IE8.

Lately (actually for quite a while) photos seem to be all over the place in size. Some posts I just refuse to go any further when I have to wait for the 2048x1536 photos to load. To make matters worse sometimes there are a dozen or more photos. Now the only way to see what is in the photo is to go to the bottom of the page and use the slider to move the photo over then page up to the top, look, go to the bottom again, repeat over and over again getting more frustrated all the time.

If all that isn't bad enough, on the 3 main hobby machining boards that I spend my time MadModder, HMEM and MEM I can put up exactly the same post and it will come out different on each of them. I have made a screen capture. The original size is 1024 x 768. I have made copies of it using Photo Re-sizer in 800 x 600 and 700 x 525. I am going to put a copy of each size in this document using photo-bucket and also using the "attachment" process.

I will also put a link to the post on each board so that you can compare one against the other and see the difference. Your comments are welcomed and appreciated but please load all 3 posts using the links below so that you can compare one against the other before commenting. Hopefully the end result will be that we can all read the posts without wearing out the page down key and the slider at the bottom of the post.

Cheers :)

Don

Comparison Links
MadModder
http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,7559.msg81024.html#msg81024
Model Engine Maker
http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,607.msg5448.html#msg5448
Home Model Engine Machinist
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f29/3-board-photo-comparison-18768/#post193975

Photo 1 700 x 575
Image700x525.jpg

Photo 2 800 x 600
Image800x600.jpg

Photo 3 1024 x 768
Image1024x768.jpg

Attachments
Photo 1 700 x 575
Photo 2 800 x 600
Photo 3 1024 x 768

Image700x525.jpg

Image800x600.jpg

Image1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Don,
Something helpful any place one the net, not juse the forums, is resizing of material displayed by a browser. Works with Firefox and IE and possibly others.

Ctrl - (Control minus) makes everything smaller
Ctrl + (Control plus) Makes everything bigger
Ctrl 0 (Control zero) Returns to normal screen

I have impaired vision and I use these a lot to make things easier. Makes photos smaller so they fit and also enlarges text and photos to make them easier to see. I have a programmable keyboard with 3 keys programed just for these functions.
Gail in NM

Don,
Something helpful any place one the net, not juse the forums, is resizing of material displayed by a browser. Works with Firefox and IE and possibly others.

Ctrl - (Control minus) makes everything smaller
Ctrl + (Control plus) Makes everything bigger
Ctrl 0 (Control zero) Returns to normal screen

I have impaired vision and I use these a lot to make things easier. Makes photos smaller so they fit and also enlarges text and photos to make them easier to see. I have a programmable keyboard with 3 keys programed just for these functions.
Gail in NM

Gail

Thanks for the reply and the tips. Sorry to be slow replying.

I guess what I am looking for is probably the holy grail. I would just like to leave my monitor setting alone and be able to go from post to post and forum to forum and be able to have the text large enough to read and the photo's all on the page to see without having to change settings.

I don't want to have to zoom every photo to see it at a reasonable size. By the same token I don't want to have to shrink a photo just so it will fit the monitor. I would also like what works for me in this respect to work for you and everyone else even though we all have different equipment. This may be wishful thinking but I keep hoping.

We should be able to give the computer the information and it should give us what we want. Isn't that what computers are for?

Cheers :)

Don

Latest posts

Back