80 mm copper vertical multitube boiler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giovanni,

Thanks for the link. I had no idea that this stuff was available. It seems to be very usefull stuff, also the sheet metal. I'll see whether I can locate a supplier locally.

Pete,

Thanks for the suggestion. When I do get around to building a "real" (i.e. firetube / firebox model loco boiler) I may end up buying a dedicated book for detailed instructions. Given the amount of time I'd need to build it, the monetary expense would be close to negigible.

Henk

Henk,

There is a book called "So You Want to Build a Model Locomotive." I can't remember more than that. I borrowed it from a library. It's a great source of valuable info regarding locomotives and has a large section covering boiler construction.

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Bob

So you want to build a live steam locomotive by Joseph Foster Nelson I beleive by village press . It is a very good book I have it's great. isbn No.0-914104-01-2 Hope this helps. Dale

dalem9 said:
So you want to build a live steam locomotive by Joseph Foster Nelson I beleive by village press . It is a very good book I have it's great. isbn No.0-914104-01-2 Hope this helps. Dale

Thanks for the correction Dale :bow: that is the book to which I was trying to refer.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for this thread, very helpful for building a boiler. One question though, do you need to flange the end of the flues before you solder them? ???

Yes. It's required to get a proper strength joint at the tube.

Dave

Latest posts

Back