• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 endmills

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogstandard said:
What a load of moaners.

First off you were told that they were cheap and cheerful and get the job done, and you still have people subjecting them to hardness testing and angle measuring, expecting them to come up to and comparing them to top quality standards. What do you expect for the prices you are paying?

Then you were given good warning about the Chinese New Year, where almost anything can happen a couple of weeks before and after, where most probably half the packages will have disappeared for good thru no fault of the seller. Yet you still carried on ordering, then complain when the bits go missing.

You will find that Peter the seller will get things sorted eventually, when this month of chaos is over. Can he be expected to take responsibility for what the rest of his countrymen are doing?
But he will do, just to make sure he gives the customer satisfaction.

Bogs

First off, I'm not a "moaner", I'm simply reporting the facts.

"Then you were given good warning about the Chinese New Year."
I placed my order on the 8th of January, and was told that my order was shipped on the 12th. Since this was way before new year what your saying (good warning) was and is irrelevant.

"where most probably half the packages will have disappeared for good thru no fault of the seller."
I don't remember you posting that information before any one ordered, 'half the packages" really, how do you know this is true Bogs?

"Yet you still carried on ordering, then complain when the bits go missing."
I was not aware that "half the packages" richontools ships go missing. IF this is the case than I would say that their not being shipped, and the seller is nothing more than a dirt bag. And I would have Never have placed an order.

Bogs, you painted a rosy picture of the seller with 'your opinion', and the minute we reported the facts in our negative experience with richontools, your trying to 'turn the table' and put the blame on us, ...for placing our orders?

Are you saying we should Only report if our orders came in, Only if were thrilled with the quality, and Only if it was a great experience.

Bogs, as members of HMEM we should all be on the same page.

-MB

Easy MB....
Everyone was given more than one good report on these guys, by multiple members. Several members also reported that they not only got their product, but were pleased with the quality. If you placed an order, it was a decision you made. If you have a beef, it's with the supplier, not with anyone on this board. Posting about a problem is one thing, but making it personal is not going to be tolerated. Any escalation, going forward, will result in a locked thread.

Steve

Cedge said:
Easy MB....
Everyone was given more than one good report on these guys, by multiple members. Several members also reported that they not only got their product, but were pleased with the quality. If you placed an order, it was a decision you made. If you have a beef, it's with the supplier, not with anyone on this board. Posting about a problem is one thing, but making it personal is not going to be tolerated. Any escalation, going forward, will result in a locked thread.

Steve

Hi Steve. No problem here. I just wanted to present the facts in my case, and my post was just a response. I didn't mean for it to sound like I personally blame anyone.

Thanks.

-MB

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Today I'm the Dog, some NetFlix DVD's showed up in my mailbox, course I just have to watch them before sending back as they were delivered to the wrong address. Soon enough I'll be the hydrant for this little transgression ???.

Robert

Foozer said:
Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Today I'm the Dog, some NetFlix DVD's showed up in my mailbox, course I just have to watch them before sending back as they were delivered to the wrong address. Soon enough I'll be the hydrant for this little transgression ???.

Robert

You could be Mr. nice guy, deliver them in person, and give them your review of each movie! Rof}

-MB

Metal Butcher said:
You could be Mr. nice guy, deliver them in person, and give them your review of each movie! Rof}

-MB

but dont do it here!

Metal Butcher said:

-MB

With Big Mac in Hand, one of the flicks was the "SuperSize Me" gig about fast food.

back to our regularly scheduled program

Robert

Bogs....
You make it sound as if your leathery old arse would be even somewhat chewable. Putting up a helpful link is always welcome but everyone has to make their own choices as to where they buy. A bit of inquiry before buying goes a long way. If I push the buy button, I made a decision and have to live with it. I've always had to man up to those choices, good or bad, and for that reason I have little patience for anyone who can't or won't. What isn't going to happen is for someone to hang blame, for their personal choice, on others.

MB apologized for his post, if he was mis-interpreted, so let's let it go and get back to model engineering.

Steve

I used some of mine last night machining cast brass. I used an 8mm endmill and it cut well but seem to become blunt quickly. Not as good as the ones I have bought from CTC.
I then used a 2mm 2 flute to mill out the bottom of the steam valve in my current engine. It is cast bronze. I snapped the mill taking a 0.75mm deep cut. I had bought 2 of them and the second one finished the job well. I think I was not running the mill fast enough with the first one. Increasing the speed made the second one cut much better.
Overall the end mills seem OK but not as good as the ones I get from CTC at only slightly more cost.

I'm with Cedge on this.....Let's let it go..

Dave

Good news today. After sitting in limbo at the HK post office for 4 days I see activity on my (re-shipped) shipment.

"Destination - United States of America
The item (RA********HK) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 11-Feb-2011"

The original shipment is still M.I.A.

-MB

Hello all,

Just thought I'd report the mills I ordered on Jan 20 (21?) arrived yesterday, Feb 9, so 18 days including weekends and holidays from Hong Kong to Ohio - not too bad!

Haven't had a chance to look at them in detail but they look well-presented and I expect they will do fine for 99% of the rough & ready work I will use them for. At that price, just impossible to beat.

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike, I'm glad to hear that your order arrived, and in a timely fashion.

Were you provided with a tracking number?

Go Buckeyes! :)

-MB

Today I put a 1/2" 4-flute carbide endmill from Richon to the test on my CNC mill, Generally it worked well in making a non-precision part. I did find one issue. When plunging (.100 DOC, low carbon steel), there was not enough relief in the flutes to clear chips at a modest 5 ipm feedrate. As a result, the endmill was pushed up into its collet, meaning that the cuts for much of the part were too shallow. I reran the program reducing the plunge feedrate to 2ipm.

Plunging where only a portion of the axial diameter were cutting had no problem, as there is space for chip evacuation in that case, and leading in horizontally from the edge of the work was also OK. Surface finish from the end flutes was quite good. I was taking .100 DOC with 42% stepover at 16 ipm.

The endmills don't have side flats. meaning they will not work with an endmill holder.

I got mine in ast Friday (Feb 11th) and I had ordered on Jan 25th... so not much longer than expected. They look OK, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet.

On a side note... all one can do when "recommending" a vendor is relate the experiences they had when they bought from them. Sometimes the situation/attitude/service from any vendor can vary depending on several factors.

If the vendor does have some problems it doesn’t change the original purchasers experience.... they still had good service when they bought even if things go awry later. As the lawyer types always say “Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns...”.

For my part... I’m happy. I wasn’t looking for fast (Else I wouldn’t have ordered slow boat from China) but I did get what I think is a great deal. I priced the equivalent “Import” stuff (on sale for the most part) at Enco, and it was almost double what I paid. And... LOL, I just about tripled my end mill inventory. (I only had about 6 end mills.... and had damaged a couple of those.) So for a newb on the steep side of the tooling curve it was a godsend.

Thanks Bogs!

Kvom, I think you will find that their 4 flute endmills are not centre cutting, the HSS certainly are not, thats whey they won't plunge cut. The 2 flute slot drills are centre cutting.

j

Latest posts

Back