3d printed box for gear cutters

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looked like a good idea so I tried to print one. Unfortunately the table (120 x 120) on my Monoprice printer is too small and it will not slice in Cura. I guess that I will have to try my hand at learning OpenScad and separate the base and the top. Now I have to determine if it is worth it to try to learn another program.

No problem! Attached are the .stl files with top and base in separate files. Now it should fit!

Attachments

• gear_cutter_box_base_40mm.stl
    3.6 MB · Views: 299
  • gear_cutter_box_base_50mm.stl
    3.6 MB · Views: 281
  • gear_cutter_box_lid_50mm.stl
    206.1 KB · Views: 243
  • gear_cutter_box_top_40mm.stl
    221.7 KB · Views: 244
Thank you for this Awake, i just printed one for my m1 cutters. really appreciate you taking the time to share the files with us

1614885705788.png

Andy - your design is good one. The main reason I made my own design is that I enjoy the design process (except I used OnShape instead of OpenSCAD).

Keep up the good work!

Yes, it is good to have another option for folks to use. My sense is that only a few people here use OpenSCAD. Now if we can get someone to work it up in Fusion 360 to go along with your OnShape version and my OpenSCAD version, we might have most users covered ... :)

Thanks for the code! The OpenSCAD file was easy to modify for my use and both boxes came out great! The box/lid clearance setting came in handy for me as I printed these with a .5 nozzle, .4 layer height and .6 line width for maximum speed on my printer. The corners bulge a bit but it's worth it for a 3 hour print.

From screen:

gearbox0.png

to item:

gearbox_2.jpg

Very handy!

Latest posts

Back