3d printed box for gear cutters

Help Support HMEM:

Gordon

Reaction score
It looked like a good idea so I tried to print one. Unfortunately the table (120 x 120) on my Monoprice printer is too small and it will not slice in Cura. I guess that I will have to try my hand at learning OpenScad and separate the base and the top. Now I have to determine if it is worth it to try to learn another program.

werowance

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for this Awake, i just printed one for my m1 cutters. really appreciate you taking the time to share the files with us

1614885705788.png

kvom

Staff member
Reaction score
People without a printer can upload this to Shapeways and have them print in plastic.

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my version for metric cutters, for anyone interested:

Nice! The text to identify the cutters is a nice touch as well.

Just to be clear, the version I supplied in the OP is for metric cutters, or any other - if you use the OpenSCAD file, you can customize as desired. :)

kquiggle

Reaction score
Andy - your design is good one. The main reason I made my own design is that I enjoy the design process (except I used OnShape instead of OpenSCAD).

Keep up the good work!

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it is good to have another option for folks to use. My sense is that only a few people here use OpenSCAD. Now if we can get someone to work it up in Fusion 360 to go along with your OnShape version and my OpenSCAD version, we might have most users covered ... :)

NickP

HMEM Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No problem! Attached are the .stl files with top and base in separate files. Now it should fit!
Thanks Andy, really appreciate you sharing - will print some for the three sets of gear cutters I have in tatty cardboard boxes.

Latest posts