.315 dia boring bar needed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boot

Reaction score
I have a Sandvik Cormarant boring bar with a broken carbide tip. It is .315 dia X 5" long. It fits in a .500 square split sleeve holder X 3" long. the holder number is #131-408 I can't read the numbers on the bar maybe 136-8 and K20 it is also right handed. I tried MSC, Enco, Grainger to no avail. It is probably at least 30 yrs. old and was given to me by a friend. I need it to do a bore of . 474 dia. I may end up grinding up a piece of circle C to do the job. The ones close to this dia. are around $40 . I really don't want to pay that much for one. I also tried Ebay to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide. Boot

Are you looking for an insert or a new boring bar?

McMaster Has some boring bars with .5 shank... $16 to $19

link

Eric

Its more likely to be a metric bar with 8.00mm shank as thats near as dam it 0.315" so try searching for "8mm boring bars" rather than an odd imperial size and you will get loads or results on google..

J

I have large boring bars in that range that I am going to dispose of (give away), but they take HSS cutting bits, not inserts. If interested PM to me.
Mosey

Latest posts

Back