2021 Names Show Cancelled!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I respect cancelling an event more than making it "virtual". I spend enough time in front of a screen.

...Ved.

That's too bad. I was hoping after a year's time that things would start to improve and we could get to see some of the old friends, Oh well maybe things will change enough so the the Zanesville show might happen in September.
gbritnell

How does Zanesville compare to NAMES? I've only been to NAMES once, the year it was in Toledo ('08) but it was a big, very impressive show to a newbie. Went to Cabin Fever in '15; bigger and more impressive.

Two years ago, we were going to go to NAMES. Got up one Saturday, first in March, and my wife and I said, "yeah, let's make reservations before it's too late." But that was followed by "we need to wash the cars, we can do the reservations later." She tripped on the garden hose, broke a bone off her hip and that cancelled '19. Last year we were getting ready to go, but Covid hit and it was cancelled. So three years in a row trying to get to NAMES and we can't.

Zanesville is a smaller show (all but cabin fever are) but still has the same high quality engines and other models. Unlike NAMES there is a car show and airplane show the same day. Zanesville has venders selling tooling and other modeling related items. I show at both so I have no bias toward one or the other. I look forward to both.

Latest posts

Back