2013 WEME show was great!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfitsailor

Reaction score
After an absence of 2 years, I exhibited at the WEME show this year! I whined and moaned about moving the show to the Good Guys car show in Pleasanton, CA, but let me say right here that I was wrong. This venue does make sense, and we are exposing untold thousands to our unique passion of model engine building! I now regret sitting out the last two years, but I am proud to have participated this year. There were a few regulars who were unable to attend this year, due to illness, so I was doubly glad to do my part to support my club, BAEM, and this fine show.

Many of the engines displayed are not run during the show. I like to offset that by running nearly everything I bring. Steam engines are easy to run all day with the provided compressed air, so I had 4 running all the time. I brought 5 hit & miss engines and often ran a few at a time. To round things out, my tables included a flame eater and a Rider Ericsson hot air engine, both of which are crowd pleasers. My only static models were a steam boiler plant and a model airplane engine. (No spinning propellers or live steam allowed inside the building!)

If you have never done so, consider joining the fun by showing your own engines next year. You don't need a truckload of models to be an exhibitor. I would like to see more folks bring a small lathe to demonstrate making parts. This is your chance to share with the world what you do all those hours in your workshop. The Guy Goods really take care of us, our tickets are free, as is VIP parking! I intend to show at WEME every year from now on!

Last edited:
Your feelings are normal as most people do not like change. I have been thru a few venue changes with model changes like NAMES but if you look around you see that the only thing that changed is the city on the flier. It's still all the same great people and models. I hear all the chatter that "they are ruining the show" but it doesn't matter where it is. It matters more to me who it's with.

Latest posts

Back