20 cc engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mungalhead

Alan
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I am looking for plans / kits for a 20cc or greater 4 stroke engine this (I hope) would power a quarter scale Sopwith Pup. any ideas on where I might get plans or kit would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Alan

Thanks WOB
Is this modification all that would just be required ?

Regards
Alan

There will likely be a need to slightly increase the combustion chamber volume to keep the compression ratio from going up excessively. An increase in CR will increase power in a spark ignition(gasoline) engine. For glow plug ignition( methanol), a CR of about 8:1 is needed to keep ignition timing in the desired zone. Also, the cylinder liner OD might need to be increased slightly if the bore size is increased, but I have not seen the plans. Obviously, the head gasket sealing surface will need to accommodate the new bore size. In principle, any small engine design can be scaled up or down as desired if proper attention is paid to the critical dimensions.

WOB

Excellent chaps, many thanks,

I have dealt with Hemmingway before and found their kits excellent so will give serious consideration to Aero Twin

Latest posts

Back