1960s AJ Every Plans for 1 1/2" Scale "Burrell"Traction Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain Saker

Reaction score
I found a set of plans at home that my Father bought in 1966. They are six pages of drawings by AJ Every of a F Stone design for a 1 1/2" scale model of a Burrell engine.
My Father is still alive but, at 80 years old, concedes he may not get round to making this now!
Are these plans likely to be of interest to anyone?
Plans1.jpg

Attachments

• Plans2.jpg
    Plans2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 698
  • Plans3.jpg
    Plans3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 673
  • Plans4.jpg
    Plans4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 645
I found a set of plans at home that my Father bought in 1966. They are six pages of drawings by AJ Every of a F Stone design for a 1 1/2" scale model of a Burrell engine.
My Father is still alive but, at 80 years old, concedes he may not get round to making this now!
Are these plans likely to be of interest to anyone?View attachment 113449
I would also be interested in the plans! "[email protected]"

Hello Iain , are these plans for the Burrell "devonshire" single crank compound engine , I would also be interested in copies if available.
My father started building this engine back in the 1960's , the castings were also available from Fred Stone.
The engine was about half built before his death aged 89 , unfortunately the drawings have been lost.
Dan.

Are these plans likely to be of interest to anyone?View attachment 113449
I too am interested in the plans but only as a study. I found that the last photo you had of the reciept was VERY revealing of the writer's personality. I wonder if that person is Fred Stone or someone else.

Back