1886 Benz

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcin yes this engine is 4 stroke.

Hilij I will try to find the gear info.

Hello, I have one question. what is the ratio of the transmission angle of the flywheel? Dimensions modes. Thank you for your reply.

Marcin I am not sure what your needing. Is it the stroke of the crankshaft that your wanting.

Hilij I have no plans I gave all my notes to a guy and he may try to put some together if he does I will post them here .

Thanks Tom T, I am not in a hurry, at the moment I am working on Ford's First engine and at the same time I am preparing all the materials and part to make Fords Quadricycle, That is apart from taking care of my collection of 117 stationary engines:)))

I just finished my (second) "First Ford Engine"...just in case you run into any problems. And I'm building a Quadricycle too!

Thanks for your offer, if I get stuck I will come back to you. I have just ordered a set of drawings from George De Angelis for the Ford Quadricycle.

Tom T. Firstly...an amazing project. I cannot however see the photos. Do you have a single document I could obtain to be used to build my own?

If any one is still looking at this thread, I am 81 and will be moving to a Sr. Residence in the next 4 years, so I want to build an Benz engine scale to equal a 4" Flywheel. To that end I am using (and learning) Solidworks to do the design, still a set of plans would be very helpful. Anyone know of a source?

I just finished my (second) "First Ford Engine"...just in case you run into any problems. And I'm building a Quadricycle too!
Just so you know: "A good craftsman never blames his tools" -- I blame MY krappy little Enco for crappy workmanship. I have to be extremely cautious with this tool, and even then, the stuff comes out not so hot. I am used to using much larger lathes which hold their tolerances to 1/2 thou without blinking an eye.

Latest posts

Back