1886 Benz

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom T said:
Thanks Rick your post gave me that little push I needed to go ahead finish this up. :big:

GREAT!
So, I'll broker the auction listing for, Oh, Lets say 20%?
LOL

Beautiful Project Tom! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

What a BEAUTY Tom :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

After the show maybe a video for us?

Outstanding work and thanks for sharing...

Jeff

Truly amazing :bow: It would take me more then a life time to build that ;D

IronHorse

Wow, Tom. That really turned out nice. That will be one tough act to follow!

Chuck

ok havent chimed into this thread but wow your build is truly inspiring and well im lost for words :eek: thank you for taking your time to share this wonderful build with us :bow:

Tom,
She's a beauty for sure! No doubt you will grab all the attention in the local parades.

Hi Tom - Thanks for sharing your build here with us at HMEM. I can only think of two things to say. FANTASTIC BUILD and what a TALENTED person you are. Many kudos to you. Enjoy the ride! - Bill Mc

I was lucky enough to get to see Tom's car last week. It is not only beautiful but it starts effortlessly and runs great. It is very impressive!
Don

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Don dsquie for nominating me and to all who supported me with with their encouraging posts .
The Benz was a big hit at the show. Here are a couple of pictures I took at the show. I have not driven the car yet. The new drive belt slips on the pulley even with belt dressing so I am going to gear it down some more and try that, if that dosen't work I may try a leather belt. I have been busy doing all the things that I put off for the last eight months and have not done a thing to the benz since the last pictures were posted . Tom
100_2405.jpg

100_2404.jpg

100_2403.jpg

deere_x475guy said:
......Speachless....... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

....best comment I can muster too! Awesome! th_confused0052

WOW !! I've been absent for the last coupla mos, but was following this build earlier !!

Agree with steamer !! th_confused0052 :bow: :bow: x 100 !!

Mike

Thanks again guy it is really nice to log in here and see my Benz on the top of the page.
I have be busy working on my new shop but found a little time today to take the Benz for its first test drive and was pleased with the results. Here is a video of me driving it in the new shop. If you follow the photo bucket link back to my new home page you can see all most 300 pictures and videos of this build. Tom

Tom,

That is one awesome horseless carriage you have built.

In its day I am willing to bet it made children cry and women faint when they saw it coming down the road.

SAM

All that is missing is the duster coat and a set of goggles! :big: What a truly maginificent machine Tom. BRAVO!!! :bow:

BC1
Jim

Tom, that's a real nice collection of pictures and videos you put together. Thanks for sharing a lot of good information with us. By the way, how did you fasten the cylinder sleeve inside the water jacket?

Thx...
Chuck

Edit: I just saw the part where you used an o-ring on the bottom. Guess the cylinder is just a sliding fit into the water jacket and not permanently fixed? Also, did you use an o-ring on the top of the sleeve as well?

Latest posts

Back