• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15cc 4 cylinder Seal castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I have been going thru my workshop bits and come across a fairly long term project, now that the grandson takes no interest, will never even be started.

It is everything to make the Seal engine. All plans and building instructions are included.

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/The_Seal___Edgar_T_Westbury.html

The only things I didn't buy were most of the raw materials, as they cost too much from the casting supplier, they can easily be obtained much cheaper from a metal supplier. I think the cast iron for the liners is in there (not sash weight).

In fact there is a lot more to the kit than is normally supplied.

4 Rimfire plugs @ £16+ each

Full set of hi tension leads (5 off)

True moulded distributor cap

Tim 6 ignition system

A pair of very expensive skew gears. This, coupled with the distributor cap, allows you to have the external distributor and water pump as shown on the plans and the pictures, but not supplied with the kit.
There are no fasteners supplied, not even in the kit from Hemingway.

I can only offer this to UK members, as the postage charge to the offshore colonies would be very expensive.

£250 all inclusive. If you take off postage, this is about half price.

Email or PM if interested

If no one is interested , it goes on eBlah with a large reserve.

Bogs

Hello Bogstandard,

I would like to be first reserve if possible, Mike

Robert,

The price is in the initial post, but your are out of luck with this one.

John

Many thanks Bogstandard for a quick sale. I will be starting the build next January onwards and the build will be covered on my website for those interested.

However here is a picture of the castings and excellent accessories. These are the hard to find bits that are vital and thankfully Bogstandard had the foresight to buy them. I am really looking forward to building this engine as its one I have had my eyes of for a couple of years.

Seal4cylcastings02082008003.jpg

Once again thanks Bogstandard.

Glad you are satisfied Mike.

It is nice to know it will now be completed.

John

Latest posts

Back