1/4 scale international model M

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodue

Project of the Month Winner!
Reaction score
I made one engine using my castings, I always make two sets of castings be cause of its size many parts were fabricated. Its a good running little engine
244987636_10226689737500300_2435618040947675790_n(1).jpg

I saw your title and miss-read/miss-interpreted it as 1/4 scale Farmall M. I grew up driving a Super M-TA, and I was thinking COOL - someone's building an a 1/4 scale M?

I was SLIGHTLY disappointed when I saw the picture, but you did a nice job on the castings. If that's a popsicle stick in the upper RH corner, instead of a tongue depressor, then you did a VERY nice job on those itty-bitty castings.

Don

go to you tube and down load MVI1354 1/4 scale international M, to see it running

I made several engine before this from casting I made, the best way to make patterns is to have something to look at and scale down for the size When it comes to casting it you will have many failures. You should design your pattern for machining so it be held firmly in the mill to start

Anyone wanting to build an International M, but can't do the castings, Wismer Machine Company sell/sold castings and various other small bits for a 1/2 size engine. (Like many other suppliers, may no longer be in business. The model side was just a sideline to the main machining business.)

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Latest posts

Back