1/4 Scale Gade Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a good seating for the valve in the carb? it should close off the fuel unless the tank is a lot higher than the intake. Quite often as the small hole is drilled from the needle it can throw up a burr on the angled seat, you may need to lap the valve in a little.

J

Did you ever end up making a drawing for the fixture you used to hold the head? Im working on one now and it would save me some time. Thanks Tyler

Thanks for your interest.
Unfortunately. I returned the fixture to the other HMEM member who loaned it to me several years ago and I didn't make a drawing of it.
The engine has been running perfectly for the last couple of years. I ran it for 3 days straight at the Cabin Fever Expo show last weekend and it never skipped a beat.
Good luck with your engine. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
cheepo45 (Scott)

Thanks for the quick reply! I will just have to spend a little time and come up with a fixture. Yours looks great, did you use the iron piston ring or use an o-ring? I have only spent a few hours on it so far but it looks like it will be a fun little build. Tyler

I used the cast iron ring that came with the fastener and small parts set.
Bore the cylinder straight and hone it with a brake cylinder hone. Make the piston .0005 smaller and it will have good compression.
cheepo45 (Scott)

I have only ever used iron rings but noticed a few guys have used the o-ring the gade model. I think I will stick with the iron aswell. Thanks for the tips.
Tyler

Well I finished the gade and I must say they were some of the nicest castings I have worked with. I have not recieved the fuel mixer yet but I did put one on that I had laying around so I could start it. Time to paint now and move onto the next one.
-tyler

Looks good-runs great!
Mine has been my most reliable IC motor so far.

Thanks! Yes does seem to be a good running little engine. All painted now and recieved the mixer casting so I finished it up tonight. Someone had posted some videos of cabin fever up on you tube the other day and they walked past a small gade running... might have been yours.

Latest posts

Back