1/3 Scale Case Steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I live a short distance from David and I have been lucky enough to see the Case.
Very nice.

Started on the wheels for the water wagon. PXL_20210425_135519248.MP.jpg20210424_155930.jpg

Like the spokes! I had found some really really long carriage bolts for the wagon wheels sure is easier than the hand forge all those heads

I am looking for plans for a 1/3 or 1/4 scale steam tractor. Willing to buy outright, or pay reasonable reproduction costs. Thank you for any help.

Ralph Reese
St, Augustine, FL
[email protected]

the 1/3 case scale plans from reduction eng. are available along with castings. there's a 1/4 scale case from a fellow who advertises in live steam or Gas Engine mag. There's an outfit in great Britain that make "kit s" for several english style tractors. most of the case plans are from a single source re dimensioned to fit the purpose could explain some of the reduction eng routines.

Like the spokes! I had found some really really long carriage bolts for the wagon wheels sure is easier than the hand forge all those heads
I should have looked into the carriage bolt idea. I forged the heads on 30 spokes last week & when the zinc plating burned off I had a cough for 3 days now. (Better today!) I still have 75 more to forge. I'm going to move this operation outside & stand up wind from the torch next time!

It's important to live long enough to run it! I was at the Now then show and needed a hayrack for the bailer, the flea market had this guy with trays of old bolts and I saw these 6 or 7 inch long x 1/4 carriage bolts I turned the little square off under the head. worked pretty decent!

That really turned out well.
Very nice work !

And great videos too.
Beautiful tractor for sure.
Its a joy to watch a traction engine chugging along.

And that lake !!!!!
Keep the tractor, just give me the lake house.................

Latest posts

Back