1 1/2 year project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim E
I bought the material as I needed it, there are some pretty expensive pieces there so as I got the money I would buy some stock. The biggest draw back to making one of these is the cost of the brass. for example the wheel hubs were over $200 for the material, You can make a tripod and cut down on that cost. I think by purchasing all the material new it cost over $1500 to make. That does not take in to consideration buying a new RT, vise, and small tooling I "had to have". ;D

Very,Very nice job, I think it's posted on the right forum, After all, It is a multi cylinder engine useing single direction expendable pistons. Here in Canaduh WE are not allowed to build such things, I guess the powers that be are worried we might hold up a bank or something with a model gatling gun. Or maybe we would use too much ammunition that the criminals need for their machine guns. I'd love to build one of those if it was legal here.

Pete

Is is legal to sell something like that? in the US that is. juist wondering if there is a market for them. I would imagine someone might pay quit a bit for something like that.

It is illegal to sell privately manufactured "modern" firearms in the USA.
The term "modern", includes any arms that fire self contained cartridge
ammunition. To do that legally, the manufacturer must hold a valid
Licensee to Manufacture Firearms, issued by the BATF.

The BATF would not see a difference between a hobbyist and
a manufacturer.

Rick

I must be considered a machine gun. how can ANYONE own it?

kel

I spoke to someone at Cabin Fever about that. Because it is not automatic and needs to be manually cranked it is considered a single shot gun. Go figure. Very nice job. Thm: I would love to have/make one.

Craig

It is not a machine gun.
It is not even considered a semiautomatic firearm.
One barrel fires one round. There for it is in fact a single shot gun.

Up until about 10 years ago, I held a Low Explosives Users Licensee
that was issued by the BATF. The interview and inspection required to
get that licensee was pretty intense. It's funny how the laws are written.
I had to have a licensee to buy, posses and store high power model rocket
motors, but anyone over the age of 21 with a photo ID can legally purchase
dynamite by filling out a couple pages of paper work.
scratch.gif

Rick

The guy that I bought my plans from (same as Rolland), also sells the gun completed for $10,900. It has to be shipped to a licensed gun dealer where you can pick it up.

Jim

The owner of the company that my wife works for holds a Federal Firearms License.
He offered me an exorbitant amount to build him one of these.

Note:
That is NOT a picture of something that I built!
It was made by one of our esteemed members.

db_gun53.jpg

We did at that time check into the legalities of me making it and selling it to him.
When I found out what a Firearms Manufactures License cost, I told him to make
it himself!

On a different occasion, a guy at work showed me a few pages of prints for some
very small parts. I studied the prints for a day and told him that I could make them.
Considering materials and time, $120. What are they for?
He said they were the parts to make his Glock Model 19 pistol full automatic.
I handed the prints back to him and in a round about way, suggested he go
elsewhere.

Rick

BEAUTIFUL ROLLAND !! :bow: :bow:

Do you have any build pictures ? I'm sure all of us would like to see how the build went :)

rake60 said:
Note:
That is NOT a picture of something that I built!
It was made by one of our esteemed members.

db_gun53.jpg

Marv has his talented fingers in everything LOL :)

Here's a few more pix of that and more of Marv's creations :

http://www.schsm.org/html/marv_klotz.html

Mike

Wow,

Very nice guy, a little different to the norm! :bow: I work for a company that makes the full size jobbies so very interesting for me!

Nick

Wow is right :bow:, I would love to build a gun like that. Are there any plans floating around. It would make a nice addition to the collection of 1917,1919 and M2 builds I have finished.
I have some pictures of the progress if they don't mind me putting more photos on here.

Very nice work Rolland 8)

Of course if we even considered making something like that over here the "thought police" would be round immediately to quash the notion :mad:

I do like Marv's deck gun too ;) excellent attention to detail both of you :bow:

CC

Latest posts

Back