Model engine CDI easy and cheap

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueJets: I'm trying to order your V2 pcbs at JLCPCB. When I upload the gerber file, I get the attached files. Do I select Panel by JLCPCB? 2 row and 2 columns? Looks like JLCPCB wants to put 5 pcb on each panel.
Thanks,

Jerry

Attachments

• PCBOptions.jpg
    PCBOptions.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 0
  • GerbersIgnition.jpg
    GerbersIgnition.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
That would be 2 rows x 2 columns so "4" pcb's per panel, not 5....then there are 5 panels.
So all up 20 pcb's....but at AUD$14 odd cheap as........

I "panalize" the panel so I can get more pcb's for around the same cost.

It used to be that "panelize" was free but now a small extra charge.

Mine have not yet arrived (only a week or so) but I'll show a photo when they do.

When you upload the Gerber File, there is a "quote" on cost BUT you must select the shipping type.
Some can be $50 if you don't watch it.
I choose to pay by Paypal after assessment is done (not automatic pay) as someimes. like with the panelize option, is not included in the quote.

If you only want 1 pcb per panel, I can redo the drawing and re-post Gerber Files for 1 pcb per panel if that is what you prefer.
That then would be 5 pcb all together.
In addition, you would need to cut the board to size, whereas currently, with the score lines in panelize, it is simply snap off.
Cost would be a little less but I would need to calculate just how much when/if the drawing is modified.

Last edited:
OK...went back to my original drawings and changed the board setup so that only one pcb is made per panel.
That will give you 5 pcb's in total and you may need to cut to size I imagine (maybe not, never done it that way)
Generated the Gerber File for that as " Version 3 Add On CDI Single" which I will add below as a zip file.

So you need to upload that as a zip file to JLCPCB, select your country up top for delivery and (very important for cheap delivery) I select Global Standard Direct Line which works out at AUD$2.26 delivery with the boards costing AUD$3.01.

Still do the payment via Paypal the way I suggested (after they check the design) and then if any extra cost entailed, it will show in their final price.
I used to make my own boards, never again..........

Note that once the Gerber File is uploaded, you can view the finished product as 2d or 3d. Don't be alarmed that 2d has "missing tracks" as they are there in 3d (underside).

Attachments

• Gerber_CDI_add_On_PCB_CDI_add_On-Single-V3_2024-05-07.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
As above in #202 ...new order arrived and so showing the photos of top and bottom ....these are the "panelized" pcb's ....so 4 pcb's per panel, 5 panels in order.
These are slightly larger than the originals from way back when to allow for the larger traces and solder pads.

Attachments

• V3A.jpg
    V3A.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 0
  • V3B.jpg
    V3B.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 0
Back