Model Diesel: 32mm bore, 38mm stroke, indirect injection

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning to make a compression tester? There is quite a difference between what feels like a lot of compression and enough to reach ignition temperature ~30 bar plus.

Are you planning to make a compression tester? There is quite a difference between what feels like a lot of compression and enough to reach ignition temperature ~30 bar plus.
I have a small engine compression tester, but I would need to make some kind of funky adaptor to allow it to connect up to the injector hole.

I think my next mission is the rockers and pushrods. I've been a bit indecisive on this matter, and actually designed two options
1714344508338.png

1714344665495.png

Which option do people like more? I see pros and cons to each. The second option might also be altered to omit the side supports and just use the pillar in the middle.

I would remove the centre pillar from the second option and just support from the sides. This would give you more space if you have to modify the injector design (which my experience suggests will be the case).

I don't often have time to do machine work during the week, but the 3d printer is at my apartment so I can sometimes print a part. I just did the rear gear cover, from carbon fiber filled nylon 6.

I think this is the best part I've ever printed from this material, must have finally got the settings just right. The cover is also the housing for the centrifugal governor which accounts for the funky shape.

Attachments

• 17146001863248738622640344132228.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back