I finished the flywheel rim using 3-1/2" steel pipe as suggested in the plans. This was the first time I made a two piece flywheel so I was a bit nervous....and yes I had to scrap one because I removed too much material on the inside diameter. The second flywheel rim came out great.
The two brass cylinders came out fine...however the cylinder I planned on using for the flywheel did not fit and the cylinder that sits on the valve block did. I switched them around which is no big deal but now the cylinder that will sit on the valve block has a slight step in it.
I reamed the center holes of each cylinder to 3/16" diameter for a standard shoulder screw instead of a 1/4" screw like the plans had suggested. I felt that the head of the screw came too close to the pistons and made the decision to step it down a little. I like using shoulder screws anyway.
The valve block came out great and yes I used the Bozo-Trak to make the valve port slots...my rotary table is getting jealous!
Base tomorrow...I'm saving the pistons for last.