Project of the Month built by mirek111

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Whats Left? > Buy / Sell / Trade / eBay > For Sale: Biax power scraper 4 EBC

Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
10K Pete

Liked 114 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default SOLD For Sale: Biax power scraper 4 EBC

This scraper has been recently overhauled. All ball bearings were replaced, cord was replaced, recip. guides surfaced and adjusted. The gear boxes were completely disassembled, washed out and inspected. All parts are in excellent condition. The motor was taken apart and the bearings replaced, the brushes are almost new. The switch is good. The crack in the housing ahead of the switch was there when I purchased the machine and is not structural. The motor commutator has little wear. The wiring is excellent. I didn't repaint the unit 'cause it doesn't contribute to the function. The necessary hex keys are there along with a new hand strap. There are two sets of new brushes and one set of brush holder springs. These are hard to find. There is also a new fiber gear assembly. The one in the machine is like new. Also hard to find. There is one brazed carbide cutter with lots of use left in it and a shop-made tool holder that is missing the clamp, but that's easy to make.

I used this machine before overhaul and after. It runs great!! The machine is ready for another lifetime of use, with the proper maintenance.

I am an experienced machinist and tool re-builder and know the value of good tools. I prize them. I would not pass along a tool with defects affecting it's use and purpose.

Questions will be answered promptly.

Price is $850 with $40 UPS shipping.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1081.jpg   IMG_1087.jpg   IMG_1088.jpg  

Last edited by 10K Pete; 03-24-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: SOLD

Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
10K Pete

Liked 114 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default Sold

This unit has SOLD. This listing is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10K Pete View Post
This scraper has been recently overhauled. All ball bearings were replaced, cord was replaced, recip. guides surfaced and adjusted. The gear boxes were completely disassembled, washed out and inspected. All parts are in excellent condition. The motor was taken apart and the bearings replaced, the brushes are almost new. The switch is good. The crack in the housing ahead of the switch was there when I purchased the machine and is not structural. The motor commutator has little wear. The wiring is excellent. I didn't repaint the unit 'cause it doesn't contribute to the function. The necessary hex keys are there along with a new hand strap. There are two sets of new brushes and one set of brush holder springs. These are hard to find. There is also a new fiber gear assembly. The one in the machine is like new. Also hard to find. There is one brazed carbide cutter with lots of use left in it and a shop-made tool holder that is missing the clamp, but that's easy to make.

I used this machine before overhaul and after. It runs great!! The machine is ready for another lifetime of use, with the proper maintenance.

I am an experienced machinist and tool re-builder and know the value of good tools. I prize them. I would not pass along a tool with defects affecting it's use and purpose.

Questions will be answered promptly.

Price is $850 with $40 UPS shipping.