Project of the Month built by edholly
Home Model Engine Machinist > CNC > CNC Machines and Conversions > Some people build Models, others build CNC PLASMA machines

Old 05-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #51
rodw

Liked 284 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Its been a while since I updated this build. My finger came good and I brought the fabricated plasma table home so I could keep working on it as it would never happen at work.

And I married up the gantry but it still needs all of the stays fitted to secure the gantry to the gantry ends and I have to wire in the limit switches in place before I can actually do much with it.

I bought a very nice wireless remote out of China

And yesterday I pretty much got it all wired up. THis required quite a bit of reworking of the estop circuits but I think I got it pretty right after yesterdays effort. Sorting out the configuration file took a bit of experimentation as I had no examples of exactly what I wanted to do but I worked it out in the end.

The pendant has some nice magnetic mounts to store it.

This ended up being a perfect match for my hardware but it took a night messaging China to make sure I had the specs right.

Time has been at a premium and I have not been well so I've been avoiding the physical stuff and just doing the wiring and software config. I still have bit of tidying up of the wiring as there is still quite a bit of test wiring there that will be removed eventually.

joco-nz Likes This 
Old 05-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #52
ShopShoe

Liked 88 Times on 79 Posts

Rod,

That's shaping up quite well. I'm following and I hope to see a video of it running someday. Thanks for posting the electronics and programming as well as the mechanics of the build.

I wish you happy healing and I understand as I got myself almost the same finger injury last week and am out of the shop for awhile myself.

Good Luck,

--ShopShoe

rodw Likes This