Project of the Month built by driller1432

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > The Shop > The Solar shed

Old 07-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #11
imation

Liked 87 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard69 View Post
Nice!

I've been looking into supplemental power sources for some time. It use to be that solar panels where not very cost-effective but these days there are reliability issues when if comes to electrical power. One big concern I have is that when I'm most likely to really need a back up power source my roof will have foot and a half of snow on it.

As for you shop lighting have you looked into some of the 12 VDC lighting sources out there. The 12 VDC LED solutions are very efficient and you avoid inverter losses.

In a way I'm kinda envious, you have done something that I've thought about for years.
Hi
I do have a dual power system in that there is 12V lighting in the shed as well as a line to the house which illuminates the patio, bar b q, and even the decorative water feature. I only have to turn the inverter on when I need to run the heavier equipment.
Cheers. Mike.