Project of the Month built by TonyM

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > HMEM > Introduction > The Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model diesel engine

Old 09-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #61
edholly
Sydney Australia

Liked 149 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Hi Gerard,

Congratulations on finishing the Holly Buddy - it looks wonderful. And thanks for choosing to build it.

Can't wait for you to get your fuel and hear it running. I note you have an 8 x 4 prop on it - maybe think about a 9 x 4 to start with, although an 8 x 4 will be ok if you don't try for too many revs.

kind regards ... Ed

Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #62
Mechanicboy

Liked 153 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 208

With a larger propeller 9x4 is best to running-in the new engine (lower revolution). The engine 2,5 ccm need a propeller from 7x4 for racing airplane and up to 10x6 for large slow airplane.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #63
modelmotor
HMEM_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 107 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your e.mail and all the input from technical informations to get this engine finished in the right way.
I feel the same as you and can n't hardly wait to hear and see it running.I will do all i can to obtain the right fuel for running
also this engine.
It was a very nice engine for me to built and a pleasure to spent so many hours on my hobbyroom under the ceiling to make all the parts which complete this little engine.

Many greetings from Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #64
modelmotor

Hi Jens Erik,

Thanks as well for your sympathic input/feetback to get this engine ready.The Propellor information was very welcome too, now i can do some improvement when it runs on the right dieselfuel to see what happens using some different sizes in propellors.
All the best for you and many thanks are comming from,

Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #65
modelmotor

Default Steel Mounting Support

Hallo Model Engine Friends,

In between i made a Steel Mounting Support to fix my Holly Buddy against.
So i can mount this complete unit on a table or workbench or at in a standard factory engine mount.
It's made from thick steel which was provided from my son Robert who was many times very helpfull in supporting me with all kinds of metal when needed during the built of my Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model diesel engine.He also made it possible for me to built all the home made model engines before.
I hope that you like the photos i made from this Mounting Support.

Many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.
Attached Thumbnails
montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 003.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 004.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 005.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 006.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 007.jpg  

montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 010.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 012.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 013.jpg   montagesteun voor Holly Buddy 2,5 cc model engine 014.jpg  
minh-thanh Likes This 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #66
modelmotor

Hallo Model Engine Friends,
However i had finished my Holly Buddy model engine i decided yesterday to update a few things.I gave my engine a driver plate made from aluminium and a plain nut which gives the engine a more "retro" look.I also did some balancing work at the Crankshaft by milling away 2 equal parts from the Crankweb as shown on the plans from Ed. I hope that this balancing from the Crankshaft which will prevent high vibrations at the engine.I made a few extra photos again to show you the result.
I hope that you like it.
many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.
Attached Thumbnails
Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 001.jpg   Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 003.jpg   Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 004.jpg   Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 005.jpg   Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 007.jpg  

Milling 2 equal parts from Crankweb for balancing 008.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #67
modelmotor

Hallo Model Engine Friends
However not having the model diesel fuel yet here are a number of photos from made from my Holly Buddy 2,5 cc ready to run mounted on a small wooden shelf.This construction will be mounted on a small kind of workbench to let the engine run were it's made for of course.
I hope you like my idea of making this small construction as i did already for a couple of early made model engines.
It's to risky these days to keep this small construction with a running engine in my hand while doiing also the adjustments.

Many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Attached Thumbnails
Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 001.jpg   Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 002.jpg   Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 003.jpg   Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 004.jpg   Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 007.jpg  

Ready to run Holly Buddy 2,5 cc 010.jpg  
minh-thanh Likes This