Project of the Month built by Stefan-K
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Machining with Disabilities > Why a forum on disabilities?

Old 01-17-2017, 03:09 AM   #91
nel2lar

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVH View Post
What a great thread. Thank you Gail.

I was diagnosed with MS in 2004. I spent almost 4 years on the couch/bed. I am 42 years young. I will not let this take over my life. I spend about 2-4 hours a day in my shop and about 13 hours sleeping. If you have a disability embrace it, fight like hell, and don't give up.

Evan
Evan
I must agree we can not let a little pain stop us. I received my disability from Social Security in 2012 and spent a lot of years in bed but recently I have said enough. I once planted a garden over 1/4 acre. Well this year I will try to plant and take care of it. Putting seed in the ground is just the start and I'm going to give it all I have. I love to get into my shop and just loose hours, sometimes I can actually forget about the pain. When that happens I get the feeling I am in control and not the pain. But when I lay down to sleep I usually sleep for more than 12 hours. Wake up and feel the pain all over and find a position and drop off to sleep, the only peace to be found at times. My pain comes from my own body they call it Autoimmune*Diseases, rheumatoid arthritis and recently they say I also have arthritis. With both of them pain is unbearable but it seem the more I do the better I feel. 59 years old and I'm not giving up. Be strong my fellow sufferers.
Nelson C just hard headed