Project of the Month built by mirek111

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Machine Modifications > Arduino Rotary Table for Dummies

Old 04-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #171
tjwal

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

George
I too had difficulty getting my keypad to work. I finally wrote a sketch to test the keypad. I posted it in message #128. It echos the key presses to the serial monitor so you can see what is happening. You adjust the row and column pin assignments until it works and then copy those over to the indexer sketch.

I didn't use a schematic when I put my controller together. However, looking at the pictures and my code I came up with the attached. It is for the pro-micro that I used. It allows me to plug the keypad in without using jumpers. I think a nano would be better choice than the pro-micro just because of the idiosyncrasies of uploading to a pro-micro. I believe the nano pinout also allows for 8 consecutive pins to be used for the keypad.

John

I

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Index Controller.pdf (15.3 KB, 34 views)

Old 04-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #172
scoopydo

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks, John! I do have a Pro Mini but was trying to use a nano. It does support 8 consecutive pins for analog support. I'm using the same driver as bmac used, mainly because I've bought one or two whenever I found them on sale. I do have a Pololu driver in stock but I like the higher amperage.

Agin thanks! George