Project of the Month built by gbritnell

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > CNC and 3-D Printers > Software and Programming > Tips for Arduno software for Rotary Table Controllers

Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #261
sns5400

Hello,
This look fine but, i try to compile this for the arduino uno, and get a error missing Boolfield.h can i find this somewhere ?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #262
rodw

Liked 311 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns5400 View Post
Hello,
This look fine but, i try to compile this for the arduino uno, and get a error missing Boolfield.h can i find this somewhere ?
That file is part of the LCD library. PLease start again on this thread.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist....ad.php?t=25091
Make sure you read it all and update the procedure as per my post near the end of the thread.

xpylonracer Likes This 
Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 AM   #263
sns5400

Default Very good startpoint to go but now button problem

This is the good point to start and download the code but....
After compile and upload the code in arduino uno, now i have only one button, (right) works ?

Any suggestion ?

Start point:

Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM   #264
rodw

Quote:
This is the good point to start and download the code but....
After compile and upload the code in arduino uno, now i have only one button, (right) works ?

Any suggestion ?

Start point:
You have just learnt that nothing on the Arduino is plug and play

I would say your LCD/keyboard shield is not compatible with the Freetronics hardware this was designed for. If you go to www.freetronics.com.au you should find the resistor values they use for the keyboard together with examples that show the cutoff values for each button. Then compare the values with your hardware. If you go through this thread, you will find an example how another member modified the library code for different hardware.

Or you could take the easy way out and order a freetronics shield.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #265
sns5400

Hello,
i have the same problem, of my keys only right button work.
Its a robot shield with 6 button.

Is it possible to upload your LCD.cpp file

Thank in advance

Pieter

Old 09-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #266
Foozer
HMEM_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Hello,
i have the same problem, of my keys only right button work.
Its a robot shield with 6 button.
Pieter
DFRobot? Two versions different return values .
From their info page . . .
if (adc_key_in > 1000) return btnNONE; // For V1.1 us this threshold if (adc_key_in < 50) return btnRIGHT; if (adc_key_in < 250) return btnUP; if (adc_key_in < 450) return btnDOWN; if (adc_key_in < 650) return btnLEFT; if (adc_key_in < 850) return btnSELECT; // For V1.0 comment the other threshold and use the one below: /* if (adc_key_in < 50) return btnRIGHT; if (adc_key_in < 195) return btnUP; if (adc_key_in < 380) return btnDOWN; if (adc_key_in < 555) return btnLEFT; if (adc_key_in < 790) return btnSELECT; */

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #267
fugalguido

Very frustrated, can someone please help me?.What is the proper operation of the buttons ( owners manual)? When it boots up it shows divide #... up/down starts. If I push select, it goes though various main menus. What button do I push to select ( lets say configure ). When I push the right button it seems to mimic the select button but in the opposite direction of the menus.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #268
rodw

The reason why you are frustrated is that you are using different hardware to what was specified. Arduino is not a plug and play environment. Therefore, it is up to you to change the code to suit your hardware or if you can't do that, adopt the exact hardware that has been specified in terms of the Arduino itself and the LCD display shield.

The reason why your buttons do not work as expected is that the random LCD shield you have used uses different resistor values for the buttons on the analog port to what the original Freetronics shield uses.

Some people have modified the button handling code in the LCD library for different hardware and shared their results here. If you wish to persist with your current hardware then find that code, review the documentation for your LCD shield and that of the Freetronics shield, make your modifications and your buttons should work.

This is not an entry level Arduino script or a tutorial on how to use the Arduino, nor is this a software forum. The LCD library, my extensions to it and my interrupt code push the poor little Arduino UNO to the limits and required terse and efficient code written for specific hardware. If you adopt different hardware, its up to you to take the time to READ the whole thread as chances are somebody has solved the problem before you.

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #269
fugalguido

I don't know if the buttons are working correctly or not. I don't want a chase a problem that doesn't exist . I need a discussion on the operation of said buttons or a flow chart. I could find no dicussion on the operation of this software from a button operation viewpoint in the three plus threads on this board, if there is, could some please point where this is located. I know about the analog to read values in to the A0 pin between different boards.