Project of the Month built by gbritnell

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Machine Modifications > iGaging EZ-View DRO Plus for my LMS 3900 Mill

Old 08-27-2017, 03:51 AM   #11
Cogsy

Liked 448 Times on 347 Posts
Likes Given: 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpar View Post
Our local supplier "Hare & Forbes" show a kit that looks like the igaging kit so will check them out in a couple of weeks while in Brisbane.
I have had the Hare & Forbes stuff for a few years (they came with my machine second hand) and they have been nothing but trouble and completely unreliable. I never used them because they just would not work properly, most of the time.

I scraped up some cash a few months ago and made an offer of $250 AUD including shipping on this ebay listing : LINK . The same seller had a 3 axis advertised for about $350 and I wondered if he would have accepted $300. Anyway, installed with no issues and they work brilliantly. Accurate, repeatable and lots of advanced functions that I don't know how to use yet (the manual could be a little better). Comes with covers and some mounting brackets that will need to be modified, plus all bolts and screws, etc. I was worried it was too cheap but so very glad I took the risk. Not just the ease of not counting turns of the handle, but my work has gotten so much more precise and much faster as well. Highly recommended!