Project of the Month built by gbritnell

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Whats Left? > The Break Room > Home built pistol

Old 05-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #81
Shipdisturber

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 36

A little something I made about 5 years ago it's an 1873 Parrot rifle if I remember right. The wheels are solid oak banded with flattened copper pipe. It can't shoot because the vent hole isn't drilled through. About gun laws, I live in Canada and our laws differ from the States but we are still allowed restricted weapons etc. it's just tougher to get them up here.

Attached Thumbnails
all photos my side 335.jpg   all photos my side 338.jpg   all pictures from camera_63.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 06-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #82
Xtyl27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I am super glad to find out I am wrong about not being able to bequeath home made guns to heirs!! That really motivates me to start building some guns, the joy of knowing I can pass them on to my children. As far as selling them if you didn't intend to sell them when you made them - wow, that blows me away. I guess the issue would be proving intent...dunno how you do that. But I'm grateful for the information and I do intend to go to the ATF website and try to check it out. Previous attempts to clarify various points of the law at the ATF website always left me a little mystified and uneasy - and I have twice sent letters to the ATF asking for clarification on a point, and they never responded. As in it's been several years now and they never responded. So, I guess they don't respond, or they didn't respond to the questions I asked - which regarded modern takes on muzzle loading and percussion caps, combining those with modern ways of building a gun. Anyway, thanks again - and that derringer is totally sweet, really nice work.