Project of the Month built by Rustkolector

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Whats Left? > The Break Room > Drafting linen

Old 02-17-2018, 02:26 AM   #11
rlukens
HMEM_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 40 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmac View Post
I still have some linen cloths made from boiled drawing sheets, They were from dozens of discarded drawings also from where I worked, I certainly did not boil anything whiich was useful, interesting or historical, I always used to ponder over the money that must have been spent on these lovely articles of engineering art.

The craftsmanship of these old draughtsmen was painstaking and of a high artistic merit, I also thought that the draughtsmanship of the American draughtsmen, was most particular & pleasant to the eye, The old boys I worked with over this side of the pond would beat the modern art people any day How the computer has cut down manpower & changed the skill set.
It's a different world now. I fully understand (and appreciate) the evolution of technology but I have to mourn so many aspects of the lost past. Manual machining being one of them. Oh well...

oilmac Likes This