Project of the Month built by mirek111

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Machining with Disabilities > Why a forum on disabilities?

Old 12-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #111
nel2lar

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hi All,
Holiday wishes and a Merry Christmas to all.

When it get to disabilities the worst to me is pain and I have found the more I do the better I feel. Hearing is something I never paid much attention to and now it's too late. Hearing is one of our senses we really need when running machinery. We can hear when thing are not right and able to do something before it breaks something that could be very costly. I replaced a small pulley and a few days ago it started making a noise I did not like and after looking the pulley was not all that true even being brand new. Life is good and a lot better with just a few hours in the shop.
Nelson

Old 12-19-2017, 02:19 AM   #112
nel2lar

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Gail
I read you post and was kind of upset by it. There is only one way to run a lathe with disabilities or with out. Running a mill is the same and yes it is nice to have something to just push the button and watch, but in a real world its about what we want and the pain or adjustments to do that. Are they any different than anyone else does it, probability but that is the nice thing about machining metal. There are a lot of rat traps out there and they are all different but they achieve the job they were made to do. I feel the same about working in the shop and I do not believe very much is differs than the normal.
Going to enjoy it until I can not turn the cranks and handles.
Happy cutting
Nelson