Project of the Month built by edholly
Home Model Engine Machinist > Showing Them > A Work In Progress > Rockerblock I.C.--Something a little different-

Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM   #131
Brian Rupnow
Project of the Month Winner!!!

Liked 3604 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Thanks Baz--I'm glad to know you are following my thread.---Brian

Old Today, 12:19 PM   #132
Brian Rupnow
Project of the Month Winner!!!

Liked 3604 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 36

No machining to report today. Goodwife has been collecting donations for about 6 weeks to have a "Parkinsons Charity Yardsale" in support of the Parkinsons foundation. Our 41 year old son developed Parkinsons Disease a year ago. My garage was stacked right to the ceiling with other peoples junk, so yesterday involved setting it out along both sides of my 100 foot driveway and doing the yardsale thing. After a furious two hours of setting everything out, with help from our son and two of his children, I spent most of the day setting in a big old (donated) chair and helping wife oversee the yard sale. The sale went very well. We made over $600 for the charity. About noon my son and his two young children were getting pretty worn out, so we sent them home. We had a couple of small passing rain showers, but not enough to wreck anything. At the end of the day, even though we had sold a ton of stuff, there were still 2 tons of "stuff" left in the driveway, which Kathy and I had to then pick up and cram back into my garage. The next 2 weeks will see her donating everything that was left to various organizations around Barrie. It was a fun day, and the first day in months that I haven't been designing for a customer or working in my own machine shop on the Rockerblock engine. I'm sore today from using a lot of muscles that don't get used very often. ----Brian