Project of the Month built by Rustkolector

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Machine Modifications > I bought a lathe, mill, and a bandsaw, how did I do?

Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #11
WSMkid

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Rlukens, I'm unsure of any of the dims on the lathe. It has an odd dual v belt drive that allows for 8 (?) speeds and very rapid change between them.

Off the top of my head it does have a quick change gear box for threading and feed. Left and right feed. Amazingly to me it even has power cross feed! Although it does have a threaded chuck. (Would like to have a foot break like my fathers 16x56)

http://www.lathes.co.uk/sheldon/page2.html

According to this link it is either an 11" or 12" with the "u" style powered stand.
The first picture shown under the "Sheldon 11" & 12" lathe" tab (hopefully the link above) is the only picture I've been able to find of my type of lathe with the "V" style tailstock end legs. I'm still thinking mine is a longer option than the one shown.

Perhaps I can get them to my parents place next weekend and get a better look at them.

GJ