Project of the Month built by Rustkolector

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Whats Left? > The Break Room > Bob Shores

Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
stevehuckss396
HMEM_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 948 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Bob Shores

I was wondering if any of you knew Bob and could tell me anything about him. He passed away before I had a chance to meet him. I walk the engine shows and see MANY of his designs being built or already built. Can you guys tell me anything about him or relay any stories about your time at the shows with him. I am working on a special project related to his work and would like to know more about him and his work.

rcfreak177 Likes This 
Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
BronxFigs

Liked 54 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Steve-

The first few years after the "Cabin Fever" shows moved from Leesport, to York, Pa, I met him and spoke "engine" with him and his lovely wife, on a few occasions. This goes back quite a few years. From what I remember, he was a true gentleman, and delighted in explaining the workings of his model engines to those who showed any interest. He had a sparkle in his eye, and a good sense of humor. (I also think that he had suffered from some war injuries).

In the little time that I spent speaking with him, I got the impression that he was a kind, and generous man. I also distinctly remember, after meeting him for the first time, wishing that I had a man like Bob as my next door neighbor, when I was a kid. I'm sure he was well liked by all those that got to know him.

Frank

Old 12-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
stevehuckss396
HMEM_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 948 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks Frank!