Project of the Month built by Ghosty
Home Model Engine Machinist > The Tools and Tips > Tools > An introduction to my Grinding Rests

Old 02-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
workshopman

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default An introduction to my Grinding Rests

Regarding my videos we now come to what I think are the most important for many as they show my grinding rests being used for sharpening workshop tools. I say important, as it has become apparent that some have made one but are not fully sure how to use them. This is not unreasonable, as I consider that sharpening workshop tools is, overall, the most varied of all workshop activities.

The following is a list of the ten which I have already prepared, just possibly there may be one or two more.

An Introduction to the Rests.
Lathe Knife tool.
Lathe boring tool, also applicable to a milling boring tool.
End Mill, end edges only.
End Mill, fully.
Dovetail cutter.
Slitting Saw.
Four Facet Drill form.
Wheel Dressing.
Centre Punch.

The one which I am making public this time is, not surprisingly, ďAn Introduction to the Rests. A link to this can be found here http://www.homews.co.uk/page145.html

In view of the importance of these videos I am publicising them on all of the English speaking forums which have links to my website. Does anyone have links with a non English speaking forum, if so, I would appreciate it if you can give my videos, particularly those for the grinding rests, a mention.

Harold

People Like This 
Old 02-17-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
Colh

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks Harold, these will come in handy once I get the advanced grinding rest completed. I started it about 7 years ago but have not progressed as I have moved and been without my workshop. The new shop should be up and running shortly after completing some renovations.
Col