Project of the Month built by TonyM

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Showing Them > A Work In Progress > Cirrus 1/4 scale

Old 09-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
bobden72

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Cirrus 1/4 scale

Hello all I am building a Cirrus 1/4 scale as per Zimmerman design and using SIC drawings. I have built all the bottom end including cylinders and pistons and my next task is the oil pump and distributor, followed by the heads. As it is all complete to this stage and I like turning it over by hand to see things move ect. I was going to make the head holding down bolts to secure everything. I have gone through the plans NO drawings for them even though the write up in SIC quotes them. I have searched on line and the nearest I can get is pictures of them. So does any one out there have drawings for the cylinder head bolts for the Cirrus 1/4 scale by Zimmerman as described in SIC.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 AM   #2
Engine maker

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Yea, I built one a couple years back. Don't remember there being any drawings for the head bolts. There are two lengths though. The SIC drawings left a lot to be desired, some parts you just have to think out and build to suit.
You know you've had a good day in the shop when you have to clean up with a #10 coal shovel!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
cwelkie

Liked 40 Times on 30 Posts

I too can confirm that the drawings do not include the head bolts (two different styles/lengths). When I made mine I sketched up the dimensions for each but unfortunately I must have tossed the page the sketches were on ... searched high and low this morning to no avail. Sorry I couldn't really help but be confident that the SIC narrative together with the cylinder head, cylinder and crankcase drawings you can sort it out ... if I did, anyone can.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
CirrusHeadBolt.jpg