Sorry, but I'm writing this on a Chromebook that crashed and lost my post. Very Annoying!
My wife would die if she knew what I've spent on this project!
The detail is on the LCNC forum here
Make sure you follow the links I post as many of them refer to links where I ask a specific question in another sub-forum to make sure the right people see it and help me!
Anyway, today was 36.2 degrees according to my weather station just above my shed which means it would have been 46.2 degrees where I was working in a tiny corrugated iron shed.
I managed to fit the steppers to the 5:1 timing belt reduction drives before I expired in the tin sauna. I emerged in a lather of sweat and was able to plug them in to my control panel which meant for the first time, I had all 4 steppers functioning.
I can't really do much more until I get the gantry ends installed and the gantry up on the table as I need limit switches and homing switches so I can home it. Until I get that done, I can't run any gcode to tune it.
But at least all of the motors run in the right directions.
Off to ebay to order 6 more proximity switches. This time I will make sure I buy the right type (PNP)