Project of the Month built by mayhugh1

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > HMEM > Introduction > Welcome!!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #231
artecnc

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re: Welcome!!

Hi
My name is Antonio, I design and CNC cut rc model aircraft, you can see my site, www.artecnc.com.ar, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I have a Syil mill too ,and now I want to learn more too steam engines because I love all that things!!!
Best regard
Antonio

Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #232
Billitmotors

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

G'day Guys
The site looks great!
I'm from Sydney Australia, I'm a toolmaker by trade. My main interests are RC glider flying, control line slow combat flying, motor building, flyfishing and flytying. I don't like glider kits, prefering to build from scratch. I have made 18 motors so far, all of them good runners, and I like to flyfish with my own home made anti-reverse and duel mode fly reels.
My latest adventure has been the purchase of a very old laser engraving machine which I am now slowly learning to program.
I'm using it for gaskets for my engines as well as cutting out ribs formers and other parts for my planes.
I'm still trying to find my way around the site but every click of the mouse has been interesting so far.
Rob.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #233
Maryak
HMEM_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 140 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Dave, Antonio and Rob (+ anybody else I have missed),

Welcome to our forum.

Best Regards
Bob

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #234
Chaffe

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Hello, I am new to this site, but not new to engineering. I am very interested in model engineering especially Model IC engines. In the past i have made a model stirling engine and a steam model, but my latest project is a free-lance model petrol engine. I live in a small village in Scotland UK, and i am quite fortunate to have a reasonably large workshop equipt with most things. I look forward to sharing my experiances and learning from others in this rare and unusual intrest. Thanks James.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #235
compspecial

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Welcome James..welcome one and all!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #236
b.lindsey
Project of the Month Winner!!!
HMEM_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 63 Times on 62 Posts

Welcome to HMEM James. Jump right in, the water's fine here

Regards,
Bill

Old 02-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #237
Chaffe

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

thanks for the welcome! ill get to work with my project and get some pics and a write up on the projects page, james

Old 02-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #238
slkride

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hello to all
Wow what a wonderful site this is. In my area of the country there aren't many people that speak my language, now the whole world is at my finger tips. Some info on my self, 1942 is the vintage I work on a South Bend (9 A ) my dad bought new in 1944. I did my first solo job with it when I was 6yrs old for the local John Deere dealer. I've been in to steam engines forever, with over two dozen on the shelf. Currently I'm the middle of Hasbroke's #3 it's coming along nicely. Have attended NAMES and Cabin Fever and displayed many times, what fun!! As I become more adept an navigating this site I will add photos of some of my projects. Well I hope I've done this right so it goes where it should. more later.

Swarf Rat

Old 02-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #239
JorgensenSteam

Welcome Swarf Rat.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #240
Tony Bird

Liked 726 Times on 372 Posts

Hi,
I have just joined this group. My name is Tony Bird and I live in Cardiff which is in South Wales, UK. I have been a model maker since I was a child and for most of the last 50 years have made steam models of various sizes and gauges. My present project is finishing a 'T' boiler version of Cracker. I hope I will be able to contribute some threads to the group.
Regards Tony.