Project of the Month built by dnalot
Home Model Engine Machinist > HMEM > HMEM Forum Support & Suggestions > Psychological and Philosphical aspects of Model Making

Old 07-23-2015, 05:10 PM   #21
Foozer
HMEM_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

She never really understood the need to chop away at things to make things just because, so took up her hobby of canning - Needless to say after attaching a little steam motor to the spigot of the Pressure Canner, am no longer allowed into the kitchen - Go Figure

Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #22
the engineer

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

yes that's nice but what does it do
how much could I get for it when you are gone:
how much of the household money went into that

gus Likes This 
Old 07-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #23
Sackett

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have in last few yrs developed some mental / emotional issues which caused my early retirement. I can only tolerate one person or group for a couple of hours,, then things go downhill pretty fast, so now I basicaly live alone, 400 miles from wife n family. The shop for me is a non crirical endevor, and it helps calm the beast (sometimes).If it doesnt, or gets too tedious, I can cut the machine off , and walk out.when I finish a project , no matter how small or insignificant is a great release for me.Has been 3 weeks since I could work in shop,but when my head gets "right",I can go right back to where I left off ,,,happy as a clam.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #24
purpleknif

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 168

My wife doesn't complain but she doesn't get it either . I'm 13 months shy of retirement after over 30 years as a full time (60 hrs a week ) machinist . She says " you get home and crab about work then you go in the garage and do the same thing." I tell her I love what I do but I absolutely by God hate the people I do it for and with !
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #25
tornitore45

Liked 67 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 18

My wife tries to show interest for every shiny part I show her, then when the engine is complete an running she invariably ask "Can it do something useful in the house?".
I am retired and she is happy the hobby keeps me out of her hairs, then complains about neglect.