Project of the Month built by gbritnell

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > CNC and 3-D Printers > Software and Programming > Interrupt Driven Rotary Table controller

Old 09-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #41
rodw

Liked 311 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Yes the LCD library has a screensaver built in. There is a command to disable it so look through the setup code.
I never found it distracting.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #42
Stieglitz

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Thanks Rod this looks like something I will need soon.
Cheers
Allen

rodw Likes This 
Old 11-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #43
fugalguido

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpylonracer View Post
Hi Rod

I Downloaded your Rotary Table 10 program but get an Error message when Verifying sketch, Error:

Temp1_RotaryTable10.zip\RotaryTable10\RotaryTable1 0.ino:1:23: fatal error: BoolField.h: No such file or directory
#include <BoolField.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling.
Rod,

I get the same thing, I clicked the Rotarytable10.ino . Doesn't load the library BoolField.h Any ideas?

Old 11-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #44
rodw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugalguido View Post
Rod,

I get the same thing, I clicked the Rotarytable10.ino . Doesn't load the library BoolField.h Any ideas?
Please read post #4 which explains why you are getting that error. Review the first post again as it tells you what to do. Also, when you get it going, be sure to modify the code as per the later bug fix on GoDivide()

Old 11-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #45
fugalguido

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodw View Post
Please read post #4 which explains why you are getting that error. Review the first post again as it tells you what to do. Also, when you get it going, be sure to modify the code as per the later bug fix on GoDivide()
I did read post#4 previously, which why I knew that it didn't load the library. I had to manually load the library into the java folder. On previous Arduino programs that I have used it loaded the libraries automatically. Your program did load the Eprom library automatically, so I am confused why it didn't load the rest of the libraries. Now when I verify the code I get;

Users/montemeredith/Downloads/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10.ino: In function 'void goDeviceMenu()':
/Users/montemeredith/Downloads/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10.ino:955:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
addDevice("NEW Dev?");
^
/Users/montemeredith/Downloads/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10.ino:962:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
loadDevice("LOAD Dev?");
^
/Users/montemeredith/Downloads/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10/RotaryTable10.ino:969:35: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
eraseEeprom("ERASE All?");

Sketch uses 28946 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 906 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7286 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Is this still a problem?

On the GoDivide bug where is it described? And why wasn't in the revision 10 update or did it appear after that was released?

Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #46
rodw

The Eeprom library is probably a standard Arduino library so a version was probably already installed.
The other libraries are unknown to the Arduino environment so they had to be unzipped into a folder as per the first post.
I have not provided a library but a complete working environment including some libraries so the autoinstall cannot work.
Something has changed in the current Arduino development environment and some compiler warnings are now generated.
The warnings should not be a problem on a UNO but I note from your last post from the available memory that you are using a much larger capacity Arduino so I guess it is also a 32 bit board. If this is the case, the warning could bite you. Say an internal pointer is a 16 bit long on a UNO and now it is 32 bits long, the current code could generate an invalid memory address. This new support for 32 bit processors could be the reason why the Arduino developers chose to tighten up the compiler warnings (eg what as once valid could be a problem today so they issue a warning)
The hardware requirements are listed on post #1 of this thread. Use different hardware and there are no guarantees this will work correctly.
The bux fix is listed on post #25 of this thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #47
cd_edwards

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wish to thank you for this. I had been looking at creating something like this for my milling machine X axis.. Now I don't.
I've got it to compile and was surprised it actually compiled on a Arduino Pro board. 16mhz, using 98% of memory. I will however end up using possibly my Tau 32bit board instead. Got this from a kickstarter and it should be plenty fast enough to run this.
rodw Likes This 
Old 11-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #48
rodw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_edwards View Post
I wish to thank you for this. I had been looking at creating something like this for my milling machine X axis.. Now I don't.
I've got it to compile and was surprised it actually compiled on a Arduino Pro board. 16mhz, using 98% of memory. I will however end up using possibly my Tau 32bit board instead. Got this from a kickstarter and it should be plenty fast enough to run this.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad its working for you. If you were going to build it into a dedicated hardware box, I would not waste a 32 bit CPU on it. Please give me your feedback on your linear application as I have not seen anybody use it that way.