Project of the Month built by Rustkolector

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Home Model Engine Machinist > Showing Them > Finished Projects > MP 3.2cc glow engine

Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #11
ixb1

Liked 15 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmrye View Post
Where do I find this specific glow plug at to buy? I am a High School Precision Machining teacher and I have a group of students that have latched on to the idea of building this engine. I am almost as excited about it as they are, but I'm a machinist/teacher and not an RC hobbyist. Can someone point me in the right direction and educate me as to what the specs/model number/whatever I need to know is about this glow plug used successfully in this engine.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason Rye
Lamar County School of Technology
Vernon, Alabama USA
Hello Jason
This engine i designed (compression ratio and simple shape of combustion chamber) to use hot glow plug with long reach and straight methanol/oil mix.
You can use for example plug OS no.6 ,Enya no.3 or plug of any other manufacturer (mostly cheaper).
These plugs are available in modeler shops ,ebay,HobbyKing etc.