Project of the Month built by sbdtasos
Home Model Engine Machinist > Building Them > Boilers > Info Wanted: haystack/beehive boilers circa 1802

Old 03-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Marty Feldman

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Info Wanted: haystack/beehive boilers circa 1802

I would be interested in seeing plans for making the dome on a haystack or beehive boiler that might have been appropriate to engines like the Boulton & Watt bellcrank condensing engine of 1802 in The Science Museum, London. In terms of size, my model of the engine will have a flywheel of about 8" OD. I am looking for nuts & bolts plans that will aid in fabricating a model replica of the dome and whatever other parts of the boiler would be visible in an external view. As a model, the boiler exterior will be a dummy, housing some modern air- or steam-supply hidden within.

-Marty, in Owl's Head, Maine-